Monday, February 21, 2005

Months of travelling in Europe and India....

Since November 2004, I have been on skates of some sort! We visited Florence for a week where we spent the most glorious days. In December, we flew to Mumbai, India and then travelled all over for three weeks. The highlights included seeing my family, visiting Rajasthan's historic cities, forts and the golden desert in Jaisalmer. We celebrated the New Year in Udaipur - the Lake City in the Udaivilas Palace. ( http://www.oberoiudaivilas.com/udaivilas.asp?hotelcode=TXL-OB-HBUDROB&hl_id=1)
The Tsunami tragedy had made us want to keep it all low key though the setting was simply magnificent ! Though we were lucky to escape it - it changed us all in some way or the other. My brother's colleague was stuck in Port Blair in the Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal, where he was working. It was a horrifying experience for him. We are all grateful that he is alive.

In January 2005, we went to Brussels for a long weekend (pics to follow). We also visited Chartres for a day trip. Chartres and Rouen are easy day trip cities from Paris. We were sad to see one of our favourite restaurant Le Buisson Ardent was closed. However, we did enjoy a super meal in La Vieille Maison - 5, rue Au Lait - 28000 Chartres - Tel : 02 37 34 10 67. It is essential to book.

Early February 2005 we did our annual pilgrimage to Rome. We manage to return each year and love the Eternal City so much that I can see many more visits there. Last week I was in London for a few days to catch up with some work and friends. It was lovely returning to some of my favourite shops like Harrods, Liberty, Fortnum and Masons, Ormonde Jayne (www.ormondejayne.com) and Marks & Spencers.

This past weekend we enjoyed Paris. We went antique shop browsing in the 14th arrondisement and ate in Le Zeyer a wonderful brasserie in Alesia. It is on 62 rue d'Alesia and the telephone number is 0145404388. I ate some oysters and then some delicious Paella. My husband tucked in celerie remoulade and then some roast chicken with fries and a generous helping of chocolate and pistachio icecream.

Next week I am off again to India for my art project. I will post pics from the above travels soon. Just need to get organised.

Comments:
Hi Neela-

This blog is wonderful! I totally lost myself in the posts. You could be a travel writer.
Looking forward to reading more and seeing the photographs.
Miss you very much!
Annie
 
Hi Annie

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I started this to keep track of things I get up to. I have to learn to post pics on this very soon. Will let you know.

Miss you too!
N
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?