Thursday, April 14, 2005

How I love the Chanel boutique here...

on rue Cambon. This week I went there twice to test Chanel 22 after reading a dear friend's reviews on the perfume.

The Chanel website describes this fragrance as:

The lively opening of the aldehydes tempers the headier bouquet of the white flowers: Jasmine, Tuberose, Ylang-Ylang and Rose. It develops sensually, traveling through Vanilla to Incense, spiked with a touch of Vetiver. Elegance, harmony and virtuosity at the heart of apparent simplicity. Exists as an Extract: 15 ml and 30 ml bottles. And as an Eau de Toilette: 100 ml spray.


I also adore the other three - Cuir de Russie, Bois des Iles and Gardenia in perfume strength naturally.


The Sales staff there are really polite - even if you go there to browse. I explored their bags - the quilted ones are very "in". I love the black messenger and luckily for me they were out of stock. Lately I have been using my messenger bags (post my traumatic wallet snatching experience outside Bon Marche). Here are the details of Chanel should you want to drop by.
The two current Chanel models Vanessa Paradis and Kate Moss have both dated one of my favourite actors Johnny Depp. Vanessa is married to him.

Address for Haute Couture Clients (by appointment only): Chanel, 31 rue Cambon, 75001 Paris, France, Phone: 0033-1-42.86.28.00, Website: www.chanel.com

There is something special about visiting original flagship boutiques - I get the same feeling about Guerlain, Hermes, Caron (the service in ave Montaigne is not perfect) - therefore I go to the newer one at 90 Faubourg St. Honore.

Otherwise - this week has whizzed by at an amazing supersonic speed - when you realize that the older we get the quicker days seem to fly by. I have not achieved too much work wise but I needed this week to recover from stresses of past several weeks. The stresses are there but I am really becoming an expert at ignoring them.

I have now decided to take one day at a time (famous last words) and see what I can do best each day. The weather has been mixed and I am not feeling all that great so will chill out and rest.

Hope you are all enjoying your week.

:))

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
N, Sweetie!

Glad you enjoyed the Chanel boutique. I always love going there when I'm in Paris. It has a certain *ambiance* that isn't found anywhere else. I, too, have found the salespeople there polite and helpful. I also love No. 22. Wore that on my first date with K. No. 5, No. 19, Coco and Cuir de Russie are staples in my collection.

Sorry you're feeling unwell and stressed out. Whatever it is, I hope it all passes quickly and that you'll be right as rain again.

Mwah,
/T
 
Darling T!

I really love going to this boutique too - but try to stay away as much as possible as I do not live too far from the Ave Montaigne one and am often in the concorde area for the rue Cambon one. Thank you so much for your good wishes. I adore No 22 too. I love all the ones you mentioned sauf Chanel No 5 - that has never been for me.

Hope you have a great day!

xoxox
 
Hey, babe!

My favorite Chanel fragrances are Coco and Cristalle. I wore No. 19 "back in the day."

I received a sample of the EDT version of No. 22 from a fragrance friend last year. Somehow I don't think it really does justice to the "essence" of the fragrance, as it is way too heavy on the aldehydes! I would love to try the perfume. I bet it smells divine, because I love ylang-ylang and tubereuse.

Take good care of yourself, darling! We need you to be well enough to make these wonderful posts on your blog. :):)
 
Darling R!

I wore Coco, No 19 and Cristalle years ago and cannot get back to wearing these again.

Thank you so much for the good wishes.

Hope to feel better after the weekend - don't think it will be tomorrow unless it is a miracle.

xoxox
 
When I go to Paris (one of these days, N, I swear) I will definitely stop by at the Rue Cambon shop, you can betcha bottom euro. I've been weighing a purchase of No. 19 for years. It's about time I bought it, don't you think?
 
Hello T! Yes you must visit Paris - it will be such a pleasure to meet you! The boutique on rue Cambon numero 31 is really worth stopping by - even just to look at the goodies. The Number 19 parfum is gorgeous. I tried it in Sephora recently on Champs Elysees. It is a perfume I wore a while ago but I am tempted to revisit (not happened before).
 
Hi N, so glad you are "chilling out", and I so envy you, as always, your Paris shopping adventures! My favorite of the Rue de Cambon scents is Bois de Iles, which some day, I will try in parfum form. In the meantime, the EdT suits me fine :-)
 
Hi R! Hope you had a good break.
Bois des Iles is magnificent in parfum form - I never bought any but received a decant once from a dear friend. My favourites are Gardenia layered with La Chasse and in winter months the rather stunning Cuir de Russie. When you get to New York next please try all the parfums. They are the best. I understand that many actually like the EDTs better but I have not promised to get the parfums.

:)
 
Oh, Gardenia layered with La Chasse -- that sounds perfect! Thanks for the tip, I'm going to give it a try.
 
Hi R! Yes please do and you will see how well these two fragrances compliment each other. They are sensational together.

xoxo
 
Hi gorgeous N,

I just adore how you describe things, so dreamlike! I just adore Chanel fragrances, many of them are timeless.

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Sand
 
Darling Sand! I have tried to post on your blog but I get kicked out! Hope you are well too.

Love some of the chanels.

Mwah and take care.

xoxo
 
Well I think I will get the Chanel 22....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?