Monday, May 23, 2005

Part II of week in London....

I love perfumes and so what is new to most of you but what I also enjoy is revisiting my favourite stores in London whenever I am there with some time in hand. This time I happened to have a lot more time and therefore managed to see most of the stores like Liberty (where they have a rather nice niche section of perfumes), Fortnum and Masons (great perfumes mainly classics but a fantastic place for bath products), Ormonde Jayne (where I can talk to them for hours), then Harvey Nicks and Harrods. I did not go to all in one day - spread my perfume sniffing to four days. :)

Harrods is usually a good experience (now that is an interesting place as the Haute Parfumerie created by the Roja Dove is the kind of place where it would help if you have an unlimited bank account) for instance his own perfumes No 1 and No 2 are both for exclusive customers. I must have looked "right" that day as I was encouraged to try both.
No 1 is a chypre and No 2 is a sweet floral blend. I maybe wrong so do not even take notice of my comment. Now the juice sells for mere 1000 quid and the Lalique bottles are from 300 pound onwards. The beauty of these Roja perfumes is that only about 50 clients world wide have this and they are not sold normally. OK I must admit rather grudgingly that both were lovely if I had that kind of money to spend I probably would. The other highlight was that the SAs were really friendly (as a rule - I have yet to meet a snotty SA in Harrods as Harvey Nicks make up for that department) took a lot of time and care to go through the perfumes. We discussed most houses. They have a few perfume urns from Caron and are planning to add a few more classics. I do wear French Cancan and was told that they have apparently managed to sell more French Cancan than Caron's boutiques in Paris have in the past few years. I think Haute Parfumerie is a brilliant idea for people who love good fragrances and have decent sized bank accounts to match. Then again the snob appeal would not be there if they sold Calvin Kleins would there? No offense meant to people who love CK perfumes or other designer brands. What surprised me is that Roja had a wide ranging taste - he had La Perla there, Annick Goutal's, Patou, Serge Lutens, lots of Lalique, Guerlain, Caron, Balenciaga, Balmain and the list goes on and on and on.

I will write more later on the other stores but just wanted to share the Haute Parfumerie experience....

Have a great day!

Comments:
What an interesting post! I'm surprised you can wear French Can Can! I'll never be able to wear it, having once been smothered in the stuff ;D. Plus, my taste has moved away from the classic French to uncategorizable lately!
xoxo,
L
 
Darling L!
About to dash off now but yes I love French Cancan - it is so "Paris" to me.

xoxo
 
N, Thanks for the wonderful post. I had no idea RD had his "own" perfumes, but I should have guessed, right? I am also very surprised about the La Perla. Did he have the whole line, or only the original?
 
Hello dear R! I cannot remember what other La Perla they had - I think they had eclix too. About RD's own - must say that they are fragrances that will sadly not reach most people as they are guarded and numbered. He will only sell again to the same 50 exclusive customers. Maybe I missed the chance! ;D
 
Dear N,
I loved readiing about your visit. I heard that Roja Dova has his own line, however it is interesting to hear your first hand impressions. Oh well, it is not like there are no other fragrances to satisfy our cravings!
xoxo
Victoria
 
Dear V! Yes spot on - too many perfumes out there - we are bound to find something we love but cannot have sometime or another.

Thanks so much for reading my non-blog.

xoxo
 
I wasn't aware that Roja Dove had his own either. How interesting. And it's really neat the wide range of houses carried, too. I'm so jealous - that sounds like a great way to spend four days, and what fun places to go.
 
Oh N,

I just love reading your descriptions! Makes feel like I've been shopping through your eyes! :)

Sand
 
Welcome to this non blog Katiedid! It was all good fun.
Will write more on my remaining time there. Actually stayed there for a week.
 
Hello dear Sand! Thank you and it would be great fun if we did go shopping there together. It would be a blast.

xoxo
 
Hey Blogger, great blog! Keep it up.

I have a http://www.sacredperfumes.com site. It pretty much covers related stuff.

Come and have a look if you get time :-)
 
Blogs are relatively new and entrepreneurs and corporations alike are just now starting to experiment with using them .
Very informative blog site Blogger.

I have a site. It pretty much covers related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.
 
I just read your blog Blogger, – very nice. I made myself a blog, I have a french perfume site. It pretty much covers french perfume related stuff. Check it out if you have the time.
 
I just read your blog Blogger, – very nice. I made myself a blog, I have a perfume site. It pretty much covers perfume related stuff. Check it out if you have the time.
 
Hey Blogger, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here by accident while searching for something else, but nice blog..

If you got time , come visit my site, http://www.sacredperfumes.com. It pretty much covers cologne and similar stuff.
 
Hey Blogger, great blog! Keep it up.

I have a http://www.sacredperfumes.com perfume site. It pretty much covers perfume related stuff.

Come and have a look if you get time :-)
 
Hi Blogger, I was just surfing around and found your page!
Very cool,I like finding all this interesting stuff.
If you are interested, go see my perfume bottles related site.
It isnt anything special but you might still find something of interest.
 
Hi Blogger, I was just surfing around and found your page!
Very cool,I like finding all this interesting stuff.
If you are interested, go see my perfume bottles related site.
It isnt anything special but you might still find something of interest.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?