Sunday, May 22, 2005

A week in London.....

an overdue visit to meet some of my closest friends in London town went by quickly - as always! We managed to walk, eat in my favourite restaurants like Chowki, Sakura, Ikkyu, Salloos, Tamarind, Fortnums for tea etc. I did visit some of my favourite shops esp all my favourite perfume stores in London you can imagine (a separate post on that soon).

Also saw a couple of exhibitions -Caravaggio the final years - was fantastic at the National Gallery http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/exhibitions/caravaggio/default.htm

and managed to see the Matisse exhibition titled 'Matisse, His Art, His Textiles'
twice (I tend to see exhibitions at least twice is I can find the time to) at the Royal Academy. I really enjoyed the Matisse exhibition because I adore textiles and this was such a well curated exhibition. www.royalacademy.org.uk


Have a number of photos of London and will upload soon.

Just wanted to write to say I am alive and well...

Hope you are all very well.

Comments:
Welcome home, N, and so glad you had a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear what you smelled (and bought)...
 
Thanks so much dear R! Yes it was great fun and I will write my sniffing report soon.

xoxo
 
Hi N! Just emailed you! That Matisse is coming to NY and I'll see it when it does. Sounds fascinating--you're the third friend who's reported on it and all of you have loved it! Glad you're back ;D
xoxo,
L
 
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love Matisse and this exhibition showed many things including some wonderful textiles and photos. Do see it - see it twice if you can. I know I am odd but to get the most out of any exhibition that remotely interests me - I really have to see it twice. :D
 
Welcome home, Neela! Alive and ver well, I see. That Matisse exhibit sounds outstanding and seeing it with friends makes it all the more special.
 
Thanks a lot dear Barbara! It was great being back in London. The exhibitions were fantastic.
Hope you are well.
 
welcome back, N! Envy you the Caravaggio exhibit -- one of my all time favorite words was learned in his segment of art history: chiaroscuro. Chiaroscuro, Chiaroscuro, Chiaroscuro. Yes!
xoxoxo
 
Hello dear M! Many thanks for the warm welcome. Wish you can catch this exhibition soon if it is travelling to the US. Yes chiarascuro is such a fascinating technique!! My favourite Caravaggios are in the Galleria Borghese. We try and go there whenever we are in Rome.
xoxo
 
Hello dear M! Many thanks for the warm welcome. Wish you can catch this exhibition soon if it is travelling to the US. Yes chiarascuro is such a fascinating technique!! My favourite Caravaggios are in the Galleria Borghese. We try and go there whenever we are in Rome.
xoxo
 
I too am a fan of Caravaggio. I used to date a guy who reminded me of a Caravaggio painting. I told him that, but I don't think he was that interested in art. LOL.
 
Kate! Welcome to the non-blog!
So glad you love Caravaggio too.

xoxo
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?