Friday, August 05, 2005

Some thoughts for the weekend.....

"For he who has no tranquility there is no concentration" - The Bhagvad Gita
"What do I think of Western civilisation? I think it would be a very good idea" - Mahatma Gandhi

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all" - Oscar Wilde



As you know how much I adore Palais Royal - here are a couple more photos for you to enjoy. I am also fascinated by IM Pei's pyramid.
There are several black and white photos I took when I lived here in the mid-nineties - which I will hopefully scan and share.


Have a super weekend!

Comments:
PS - These are recent - taken in the past month or so.

:)
 
Purty! So purty. I feel like an oaf, because that's all I can think of to say here. Purty! Especially that last one. Purty purty purty.
 
Wow Katie what are you doing up this early? Thanks very much - do you like the quote or the pic?
 
Oh sorry, I'm such a dork. The pictures, all of them, but I was singling out the last one specifically. I am freaking roasting. It's almost 2 AM here, and it's still maddeningly hot. Too hot to sleep. I tried, and decided to give up for a while. I've got all the fans going in the windows, but no luck. The air outside hardly cooled at all with night falling. It's sooo annoying.
 
PS Katie - I just changed the photo you commented on as I noticed it had some funny marks - decided to change it - here is another one and it is now the first! Oh dear - sounds terribly confusing.

xoxo
 
Oh dear! That sounds so uncomfortable! Hope you fall asleep soon.

Sending some cool air your way!
 
Thank you for sharing, dear N. Gita has so many wonderful quotes, and reading Gandhi one understand precisely why his message was as influential as it was.

xoxo
 
I agree dear V about the Gita and Gandhi. :)

Hope you are well.

xoxox
 
Beautiful quotes and pictures!
 
Thank you dear S! Mwah!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?